Vizio VBR100 Blu-ray Player Unboxing Video

Posted by Tyler Pruitt on August 8, 2009
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, Hardware

We just got our hands on the new Vizio VBR100 Blu-ray player! The player is only available at Wal-Mart right now, and is priced at $178.00. We decided to debut the VBR100 in our new Unboxing Video Series.

This is our first video, so please give us any feedback you have (we’re working on getting an external Mic).

Here is a link to the video if your reader doesn’t allow embedded flash videos: Vizio VBR100 Unboxing

1. New Magnavox NB530MGX Blu-ray Player Surfaces At Wal-Mart
  2. Best Buy Releases Insignia Blu-ray Player
  3. Best Buy HD DVD/Blu-ray Software Sale Online/In-Store
  4. Standalone BD-Live Now Possible
  5. Wal-Mart Replacing Music with Blu-ray?

Comments

8 Responses to “Vizio VBR100 Blu-ray Player Unboxing Video”

1. Jim Noyd on August 8th, 2009 10:55 pm

You inferred that VIZIO is a Chinese company when you discussed the manual. VIZIO is a US company based in Irvine, CA.

2. Tyler Pruitt on August 9th, 2009 12:34 pm

Jim, yes you are correct, but what reference design is the player based on? The player is not manufactured in the US, are the Vizio engineers based in the US?

3. Sam on August 9th, 2009 7:01 pm
  4. Eric Chang on August 9th, 2009 7:20 pm

@Tyler Pruitt – Well, I think Vizio in US mainly comprises of customer support. They probably contract all their jobs to Taiwanese companies, who do the design, then the Taiwanese companies do their manufacturing in their Chinese factories.

5. Jim Noyd on August 9th, 2009 7:32 pm

yes all are based in the US

6. WickyWoo on August 10th, 2009 7:14 am

Vizio is designed and manufactured in China. They have a front/face company just like Apex, Cyberhome, and all the other junk brands that pop up. And just like those they got caught not paying their royalties which sent most of those companies to the gutter.

Theyre lying when they say theyre American. The money behind them, and the product are 100% Chinese.

7. Thomas Palmer on September 12th, 2009 9:38 pm

Okay, so I’m watching the video. Tech issues:
    First, yes, you need a clip on mic or a mic to place on the table. Look at Blue Microphones website. And you need to adjust the lighting. There’s too much glare bouncing off the announcers face.
    Second, my feeling is that you should have opened the box first off-camera, put it back together, then recorded it. There’s too much time wasted on opening the pking,
    And I understand the steps you took in unboxing it but, d@mn! I want to see the machine- I want to see a front closeup of the BR and the back of it. I don’t want to see the announcer opening the 4 pg insert and reading it to us. Show us a close up of the insert!
    I don’t want to sound too harsh, I like what you’re trying to accomplish here. I’m going to watch the rest of the video now and if I’m up to it, I’ll comment again.

8. reb on December 9th, 2009 6:38 am

I agree with the other person. the box should have been opened off screen as too much time is wasted unboxing it on camera. close ups of the remote and connections and also the front of the player would be nice and considering the touch screen type buttoons you might also want to power it up so we can see them