Sony BDP-BX2 Blu-ray Player is Coming to a Costco Near You

Posted by Tyler Pruitt on June 3, 2009
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Costco, Format War, Hardware

The Sony BDP-BX2 Blu-ray player should be hitting the shelves of most Costco warehouses within a week or two. We noticed a full page Sony ad mentioning the BDP-BX2 in the June issue of “The Costco Connection” magazine, which is sent out to all Costco members.

The BDP-BX2 looks to be a Costco only version of the Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray player, but with a free HDMI cable included inside the box. No price was mentioned in the magazine ad, but we expect it to be priced at $279.99.

At this price point it will be matched up with the Panasonic DMP-BD605, which is also a Costco exclusive model.

Has the BDP-BX2 showed up at your local Costco?

1. Sony BDP-BX37 Blu-ray Player Hits Costco Shelves
  2. Sony BDP-n460HP Blu-ray Player Hits Costco
  3. Sony BDP-BX1 Blu-ray Player?
  4. Philips BDP7200 Blu-ray Player Lands At Costco
  5. Blu-ray Player Price Drop Hits Costco

11 Responses to “Sony BDP-BX2 Blu-ray Player is Coming to a Costco Near You”

1. Jennings on June 16th, 2009 2:22 pm

The same Sony BDPBX2 unit arived at my local Sam’s Club too. It’s priced at $247.86. Wouldn’t be surprised if it also showed up at Bj’s clubs too? Obviously a ‘club’ version.

2. Jennings on June 16th, 2009 2:25 pm

PS – Sam’s Club also has the Samsung BD-P1500c (I forgot to get the price), and the Philips BDP5012/F priced at $188.76.

3. Mick Russom on August 25th, 2009 9:09 pm

BDP-BX2 @ costco, foster city ca, 8/25/2009, $280 – $50 instant rebate.

Seems like a nice player. I think it was nicer than the Sharp and Panasonic up next to it, and its made in Malaysia and not China. Plus, it has more outputs than the other two.

4. Mick Russom on August 25th, 2009 9:19 pm

Nice player. Has Ethernet and can updates over the internet. Its equivalent and uses the same firmware files as the BDP-S360.

Stop playing anything less than Bluray. Its time for Bluray. Its an insult to your hard earned money to buy DVDs when the output is like 1970′s “PONG” compared to Bluray.

5. jrsposter on September 14th, 2009 8:22 am

This player has electronics for improving the images from DVD’s when they are sent to a high-def TV. Some movies are not put out in Blu-Ray, and stil should not be missed.

6. Alan on November 28th, 2009 10:40 am

Priced at 159.99 with a $35 dollar coupon for the Black Friday weekend. Handles more audio decoding types than the 360.

7. Sheryl on November 29th, 2009 11:09 pm

Just bought this model at costco for 124.99! it included the hdmi cable.

8. larr tyndall on January 4th, 2010 11:10 am

I bought a bdpbx2 for christmas and it didn’t work so I took it back. Got another one in a lighter blue box. It plays some dvd’s excellent. On some it plays the trailers and intro but there is no audio on the movie itself. If you switch the audio to spanish it plays the audio fine. The guy at the future shop thinks it has to updated because the movie was updated. I tried the external port thing and it didn’t work. I can’t find the lan 100 cable so it’s going back too. I wouldn’t buy another one.

9. Murman on January 9th, 2010 6:26 pm

I purchased the SONY BDP-BX2, w/ HDMI cable,at the Sparks, NV COSTCO for 109.00 yesterday.

10. Perry on January 25th, 2010 4:57 pm

@Murman – Just bough one At COSTCO Ca. also $109.99 after $70.00 instant coupon…. Great price, I don’t need to stream Netflix!

11. Edard Grafe on March 13th, 2010 7:36 pm

Just got he BDP-BX2 from Sam’s Club (walmart) for $118.88. It’s my first Blu-Ray. I’ll get a Blu-Ray disk tomorrow. seems like it has more than I’ll need, but ho knows. Updates soon, after set-up/using it.