Blu-ray Player Price Drop Hits Costco

Posted by Tyler Pruitt on September 29, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Costco, Format War, Hardware, PS3

We had heard about a Blu-ray player price cut hitting this past weekend, so we decided to go find out for ourselves. We stopped by Costco and were pleasantly surprised to see they had the Sony BDP-BX1 for $279.99 (was $379.99). Costco also had the Samsung BD-P1500 at the new Price of $249.99 (was $349.99).

As some might have noticed, Costco is one of our favorite places to shop, and here is why:

Costco has an Unlimited return policy on DVD/BD player (90days on TVs) and will refund you the difference if they lower the price in a resonable amount of time (90days).

1. Sony BDP-BX37 Blu-ray Player Hits Costco Shelves
  2. Sony BDP-n460HP Blu-ray Player Hits Costco
  3. Sony BDP-BX2 Blu-ray Player is Coming to a Costco Near You
  4. Philips BDP7200 Blu-ray Player $199 at Costco
  5. Philips BDP7200 Blu-ray Player Lands At Costco

6 Responses to “Blu-ray Player Price Drop Hits Costco”

1. Will Clark on September 29th, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. I couldn’t get there today but the rumors had it right. I’ve been waiting for the Costco deal.

2. Bigdmelt12 on September 30th, 2008 12:34 am

79 more dollars less before the holiday season and I am all over it!

3. Merrick97 on September 30th, 2008 12:39 pm

I await the “It needs to be $99 comments”

HD-DVD players were never this cheap until Black friday and after Warner.

Yet, the haters are still gonna find a way to say this is a bad thing.

4. Bigdmelt12 on September 30th, 2008 4:03 pm

no not the haters. If a blu ray player were to get down to 99 dollars on black friday, completely different story, but we all know thats not going to happen. All i am saying is I got my hd dvd player for 129 with 2 movies from a store in Florida and this was before the warner announcement, so for me to think about investing and wanting to pay top dollar for movies, then it will need to be around 200 dollars

5. webdev511 on September 30th, 2008 5:12 pm

Um, I got my HD-A2 for $229 at a big box store in August 2007, so profile 2.0 players have another $50-80 to go before “they were never this cheap until black Friday and after Warner” becomes true.

6. $99 is plenty on January 3rd, 2009 7:41 am

@Merrick97 – It needs to be $99 before I buy this technology. How does this ever pay for itself? In quality? I don’t think so. In impressiveness? I don’t think so. I’ll go to the movies or continue to use my up converting player(which does a pretty great job) till they get much more reasonable. Besides, I’m sure friends will be impulsive enough and get ripped off at these prices anyway, so I will be able to experience this amazement that is Blu-Ray before I actually take the plunge and buy it. (At no more than $99). I understand that it may be awhile but how fast is technology moving? Right, faster than any of us can calculate. So maybe I’ll just wait till the next thing comes out and I will again, evaluate whether or not I can justify spending a bagillion dollars on it. Call me old fashioned but I refuse to be ripped off by people trying to self evaluate the cost of my entertainment. I will be the judge of that and if $99 is my top price for that particular piece of technology, so be it. But please, don’t rag on us conservatives because we won’t OVERSPEND on useless technology. It just throws you into the category with them and makes you just as bad.