Blu-ray Revenues Up 30% For Week Ending August 31st
Revenue was up while the market share versus DVD top 20 remained at 6% for the week ending August 31st, according to the latest Home Media Magazine.
Revenues were significantly up, over $9M for the week – up almost 30% over the previous week.
The Disney release The Nightmare Before Christmas was the strongest Blu-ray seller for the week, with Heroes: Season 2 selling around three quarters as many units, and What Happens in Vegas was in third position. These titles were new releases for that week.
Over in the per title market share chart, the evidence of a Warner title promotion is even stronger, with Twister selling more than 90% of its units for the week on Blu-ray Disc – perhaps a new record – and V for Vendetta sold over 60% on Blu-ray.
Other titles that sold well included Heroes: Season 1 (over 28%), Afro Samurai: Season One (over 23%) and The Nightmare Before Christmas, with more than 16% sales on Blu-ray.
Heroes: Season 2 sold 8% on Blu-ray, The Scorpion King 2 sold just over 7% and What Happens in Vegas just under 4%.
- Revenues Down a Little, Market Share Static for Blu-ray Disc Week Ending July 6th
- The Week Ending August 3rd Sees Market Share Up a Little More
- Best Buy Sunday Ad August 24th 2008
- Huge Blu-ray Revenue Increases, Record Market Share for the Week Ending October 5th
- Blu-ray Market Share Week Ending May 11th