The Week Ending July 20th Sees Blu-ray Market Share Down a Little
The Market Share of the Blu-ray versus DVD top 20 fell to 8 percent this week according to Home Media Magazine. Not that this is a bad market share – we have seen the market share range between 7 and 12 recently. The $7.61M revenue this week is down 9.58% from last week.
Batman Begins remains a strong title, with The Bank Job taking second place. The remainder of the top 5 were Batman Gotham Knight, Step Up 2: The Streets and Jumper, which sold around a quarter of Batman Begins numbers. Shutter and College Road Trip came in 11th and 12th place respectively. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest managed 19th place – perhaps not so bad for a catalog title.
Looking at per title market share, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest was the leader with over 57% sold on Blu-ray. Batman Begins and Cloverfield managed around1/3 market share, Hitman and Rambo had around a quarter while Jumper and Casino Royale were a little over 20%.
Recent titles The Ruins, Batman Gotham Knight and The Bank Job all had over 11% market share on Blu-ray Disc – Shutter was around 5%, Step Up 2: The Streets had just over 2% while College Road Trip came in just under 1.5%.
- Best Buy July 13th Sunday Ad
- Revenues Down a Little, Market Share Static for Blu-ray Disc Week Ending July 6th
- The Week Ending August 3rd Sees Market Share Up a Little More
- Revenues Up, Market Share Down for Blu-ray Week Ending June 15th
- Blu-ray Market Share and Revenue Improved for Week Ending May 25th