E3 08: Microsoft’s Announcements
Microsoft had there E3 conference this morning, no doubt they had announcements regarding high definition medium. Heres a summary of what Microsoft had announced regarding their future with regard to the Xbox Live Video Marketplace:
- Netflix availability via the Xbox Live Dashboard
- Universal Studios and NBC have signed onto the Xbox Live Video Service in North America
- MGM and Constantine have announced their signing on for Europe.
- Universal titles such as American Pie, Bourne Supremacy, etc are already on the marketplace
- The Xbox Live Video Marketplace is the worlds largest Video on Demand service (Including Digital Cable, Satellite, etc services).
- You can bring a group of friends with you (via their new dashboard update) and can all watch the movie together. (Like with the Harry Potter HD DVD) the difference being only one person has to have a copy of the movie.
As expected no Blu-ray drive was announced, would Microsoft really want to announce one now since they are the number 1 distributor of video on demand content? A small demo was also given on the Netflix system, but I forgot to capture the video, sorry.