Wal-Mart Missing The Boat With Batman Begins Blu-ray?

Posted by Tyler Pruitt on July 10, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, Retailers

It appears Wal-Mart has really screwed themselves over when it comes to Batman Begins on Blu-ray. We checked 3 different Wal-Mart stores in the Seattle area (2 regular, 1 Supercenter), and NONE had received any copies of Batman Begins on Blu-ray.

They are really losing out, since Batman Begins is currently the ranked #1 on all of DVD on Amazon.com.

Best Buy has Batman Begins on sale this week for $19.99

Amazon has it on sale for $17.95 at the moment (their prices are known to fluctuate often).

Have any of you guys seen Batman Begins at your local Wal-Mart?

1. Top Selling DVD at Amazon is the Batman Begins Blu-ray
  2. Paramount Re-Issued Blu-ray Movies Land at Wal-Mart
  3. Lionsgate Blu-ray Movies $10 Each at Wal-Mart
  4. Hey Wal Mart, Your Blu-ray Prices Suck!
  5. Best Buy July 6th Sunday Ad

Comments

11 Responses to “Wal-Mart Missing The Boat With Batman Begins Blu-ray?”

1. Ben on July 10th, 2008 8:23 am

Yeah, I checked my Wal-Mart last night only because I was there for something else… no Batman Begins. So I ordered it from Amazon, with Gold Box discount for $17.05.

2. Roger C. on July 10th, 2008 9:44 am

They had Gotham Nights but no Batman Begins on Blu-Ray.

3. Mehar Gill on July 10th, 2008 9:46 am

Walmart must be a mess, Amazon also took them over or is nearing their DVD sales as well.

4. Dave Cowl on July 10th, 2008 10:59 am

I never go to Walmart – the closest one to me is a disaster…

5. Bigdmelt12 on July 10th, 2008 12:35 pm

same here dave. Mine is a bit “ghetto” as one might say. It is rundown too

6. Justin Sluss on July 10th, 2008 1:58 pm

hell yea they’re losing out!!! That thing is selling mad fast! #1 on Amazon total!! frickin’ insane!!

7. Justin Sluss on July 10th, 2008 1:59 pm

@Dave Cowl – Wal-Mart is a disaster, you nailed it on the head there (so-to-speak).

8. The Guardian on July 10th, 2008 2:51 pm

9. Mehar Gill on July 10th, 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted By The GuardianWent to mine.. I was actually there at 12:30am on Tuesday, not specifically to get the movie I wanted some snacks actually. They had them out and fairly reasonable price for Canada of $24.85 or so for the normal one. They had at least 15 normal ones and several of the special edition ones.

Snacks or the movies?

10. The Guardian on July 10th, 2008 9:38 pm

lol … the movies. I didn’t end up buying it actually, will get it in a month or so, or maybe wait and get both at the same time when Dark Knight comes out. I think I have to save my BD money for Stargate Continuum :) The snacks were good though.

11. Okami on July 14th, 2008 9:02 am

Suggestion (it worked for me): I printed the Walmart web page which advertises the movie for $17.86 and took it to Best Buy for a pricematch. Best Buy confirmed it via the net and gave me the discount.