Top Selling DVD at Amazon is the Batman Begins Blu-ray

Posted by Dave Cowl on July 7, 2008
Filed Under: Amazon, Blu-ray, Format War, Warner

The Blu-ray release of Batman Begins is a very hot seller at Amazon where it holds the top spot, beating out all other DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.

While perhaps partly due to the price discount to $17.95, often during the format war Batman Begins was a key title on HD DVD which would often outsold new releases on the format, indicating the incredible popularity of this title – an essential title for anyone’s HD collection. It will likely join 300 as a regular hot selling title for Warner on Blu-ray Disc after its release tomorrow.

The Batman Begins (Limited Edition Gift Set) is also in the top 20 DVDs.

In any case it is a good time to order Batman Begins to take advantage of the extra savings.

1. Wal-Mart Missing The Boat With Batman Begins Blu-ray?
  2. Amazon Deal: Buy Two Get One Free On Warner Blu-rays
  3. The Dark Knight Blu-ray is the Second Hottest Selling DVD On Amazon
  4. Best Buy July 6th Sunday Ad
  5. Iron Man Blu-ray Only $16.99 on Amazon

9 Responses to “Top Selling DVD at Amazon is the Batman Begins Blu-ray”

1. Bigdmelt12 on July 7th, 2008 5:44 pm

movie is bad ass, I already have my ticket for dark knight midnight showing on the 17th. Movie will be awesome…cant wait to see ledgers final performance

2. Dave Cowl on July 7th, 2008 10:47 pm

Chris Nolan is one of my favourite directors.

Memento, BB, and The Prestige are all excellent movies.

3. webdev511 on July 8th, 2008 7:29 am

I’m glad that those who never jumped into the HD DVD pool can finally see this release.

4. Justin Sluss on July 8th, 2008 8:20 am

Chris Nolan is one of the best Director’s out there, no doubt! Amazing film and “The Dark Knight” appears to be amazing as well!

5. Mehar Gill on July 8th, 2008 8:35 am

Meh, I’m not a huge fan of Chris Nolan, I thought the movie was good though for spawning a new series in the Batman line after Bob Kane passed away.

6. Bigdmelt12 on July 8th, 2008 10:04 am

appears to be amazing, listen to the critics my friend, and ill let you know about it next thursday. They say heath kills it as joker, takes it to heights much higher than jack nicholson, and as always christian bale is pretty sick when it comes to acting jobs

7. Mehar Gill on July 8th, 2008 10:35 am

The Jack Nicholson joker and the Ledger Joker are two different characters, don’t you guys think the reviews might have some what of a bias since it was Legers last role?

I’m not trying to be unsympathetic to his death or anything since he was a good actor but reviewers have been know to do that.

8. Bigdmelt12 on July 8th, 2008 10:54 am

i actually disagree with u once mehar, I think from the previews you can tell ledger was really into the roll, and with nolans darker view of batman, I think it will make joker a lot scarier and more like a villian. Dont get me wrong Nicholson made the first one good. I however, really think this is going to be a great movie, the critics arent just raving about ledger, but are giving props to the whole cast for a great movie. I really cant wait

9. Mehar Gill on July 8th, 2008 10:59 am

Either way I am excited for it since I am a DC Comics fan,

Didn’t Warner also announce the original Batman trilogy for releases around this time?