Blu-ray’s Most Wanted
While the Holidays and Black Friday are still a ways off, we thought it necessary to chef up a list of our most wanted Blu-ray catalog titles, you know, in case any Studios were looking for ideas… wink, wink.
Why post a wish list now? Well, the way we see it, now is as good a time as any. With less than six months ’till the close of ’08, there is still an ample amount of time to re-master/re-encode any of the following titles, assuming they aren’t already working on them.
As you may notice, we’re going for titles that might seem a bit more eclectic than you might expect, so feel free to add your top five in the comments below. Remember, we’re going for titles that you wouldn’t necessarily expect the studios to “fast track.” After all, it is a wish list, right?
At any rate, without further ado, here is our love letter to the studios, from the staff. Our top five most wanted catalog titles are:
- Aliens (1986) needs to include the Special Edition and Theatrical Cut presented via Seamless Branching, DTS-MA 5.1, and all Quadrilogy Special Features. Additionally, a BonusView with James Cameron would be phenomenal.
- City of God presented in DTS-MA 24bit 5.1 and should include all of the features from the Brasilian special edition release and more.
- American Beauty is in dire need of an upgrade over the lackluster “Awards Edition.” Again, DTS-MA 5.1, and a BonusView with Sam Mendes/Alan Ball should be no-brainer seeing as how this film garnered much praise and is poised to celebrate its tenth anniversary in 2009.
- Solaris (2002) is a masterfully composed film, and as such deserves nothing less than the finest video presentation available. Enough said.
- La Dolce Vita should be remastered meticulously and flawlessly, ala Casablanca, Blade Runner, 2001: A Space Odyssey.