DVD DL Facts Revealed
We were at the DVD Forum site today and found DVD DL guidelines last updated in April of 2007, currently its the closest we will have to the truth.
After scanning through the guideline we found the following note worthy details:
- Existing DVD players cannot access the “DL” portion but they can access the rest of the disc dubbed the “Video Zone”
- Playback of the “Video Zone” should not exceed 10 minutes, possibly a informational segment similar to those HD DVD videos.
- Multi Angle/Multi Story(?) is not allowed
- The “Video Zone” shall not be protected with DRM
- The discs will be region free
- The DVD Forum refers to it has DVD CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media) Downloadable Video abbreviated DVD-DLV
Interesting stuff, the next big meeting for the DVD Forum will take place in August of 2008, DVD-DLV is on there topics lists. Rest assured, we will keep you informed!