Weinstein / Genius Blu-ray Titles on the Way

Posted by Dave Cowl on June 26, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, Studios

Following initial reports a couple of days ago that Weinstein / Genius had The Mist and 1408 scheduled for Blu-ray release in August and September at DVD Planet, we see a sources today reporting that Weinstein has indeed joined the ranks of Blu-ray studios.

Weinstein will be releasing the Frank Darabont / Steven King movie The Mist on Blu-ray Disc on August 5th 2008 and 1408 will follow on September 16th.

I hope we get announcements like Grindhouse, Kill Bill‘s combined, Clerks II and Lucky Number Slevin soon!

1. Best Buy Sunday Ad September 14th 2008
  2. Amazon Blu-ray Buy 2 Get 1 Free Deal, 147 Titles Included
  3. Disney Announces 4 Blu-ray Titles for 2008
  4. Best Buy Sunday Ad August 31st 2008
  5. Studio Canal Planning to Release Blu-ray Disc Titles?

6 Responses to “Weinstein / Genius Blu-ray Titles on the Way”

1. Bigdmelt12 on June 27th, 2008 7:40 am

too bad these titles wont be 7.99 like the red discs. Im just kidding. Thats good they are gettin on the blu train

2. Mehar Gill on June 27th, 2008 8:37 am

I don’t think we will see Grindhouse on Blu Ray any time soon because it made nothing in theaters and it sold like crap on DVD so they might be too hurt to think about it right now.

The Mist seems like a good Blu Ray film though

3. Dave Cowl on June 27th, 2008 9:17 am

Both Grindhouse films are scheduled in Germany for the end of the year iirc.

The date keeps slipping, and I assume this is due to no US release though that is an assumption. While they might not have been big on a wide basis, if you look at what TWC owns, what else is ‘bigger’?

4. Mehar Gill on June 27th, 2008 10:28 am

I’m not familiar with IIRC.

I didn’t watch Grindhouse, but I watched Death proof, a day after watching The Thing… I lost all respect for Kurt Russel because DP sucked and made little sense!

5. Dave Cowl on June 28th, 2008 3:08 pm

iirc = if I recall correctly.

I never saw them either but want to… for those interested:

Death Proof

Planet Terror

6. James Segars on June 29th, 2008 10:17 am

Been waiting for The Mist for some time. It won’t be demo material by any means, but I still can’t wait to have it in HD either way.