Universal Unveils Mummy Returns Box art

Posted by Mehar Gill on June 13, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, HD DVD, Studios

The Man Room has a exclusive debut with the The Mummy Returns, box art! The Blu Ray release dubbed “The Deluxe Edition” will hit store shelves July 22 2008. This movie looked amazing on HD DVD, let’s hope the transfer is just as good maybe even better.

That is probably the worst box art I have ever seen, Ive seen budget discs with better box art then that, just for a comparison here is a picture of the HD DVD box art:

1. Sony Unveils Blu-ray Recorders With “Toshiba Killer”
  2. When Blu-ray Demos Go Wrong
  3. E3 08: Sony’s Announcements
  4. New Line Holds Back HD DVD Due to Lack of Region Coding
  5. Yahoo Names Blu-ray in Their Worst Tech of 2008 List!

17 Responses to “Universal Unveils Mummy Returns Box art”

1. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 4:25 pm

dude… I’ve had that cover art up on my release dates page for a month… No joke. LOL

2. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 4:26 pm

In fact even those lame asses at High-Def Digest unveiled that back when I added mine to cover art… Not really that drastic of a change in the cover art

3. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 4:29 pm

Sit back Mehar, I’m gonna BLOW YOUR MIND!

Wow!! The cover art to the first film has been unveiled as well… (at the end of May or beginning of June)…

4. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 4:29 pm
  5. Mehar Gill on June 13th, 2008 5:06 pm

We need a edit feature just for you Justin :-)

Either way thats one ugly ass cover!

6. Mehar Gill on June 13th, 2008 5:09 pm

That cover you have, did you make it yourself or was it leaked?

I should re-haul my site to make it a bit more like how you guys have it set up,

On a side note, would any of you know someone who would be willing to do a logo for free?

7. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 5:19 pm

what kind of logo you got in mind? what’s the site? I’m not the world’s best at graphics but I could give it a try hell for free why not? hehe

there’s the other coming out that same day

8. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 5:20 pm

I take the originals and put a header on them so they all have the same color of blu-ray “blu” — regarding coverart on HDDN

9. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 5:22 pm

@Mehar Gill – I’ll agree they are ugly ass covers… I don’t see why they felt the need to put the original coverart in a box?? weird none-the-less… but then again so are those GD HD swishes they used on Universal titles. Always hated those. Disney finally learned to stop using them on BD

10. Mehar Gill on June 13th, 2008 5:53 pm

Well the site itself is called WMV HD Database so I am thinking of some sort of a banner with the official WMV HD font.

11. Dave Cowl on June 13th, 2008 5:56 pm

I think that there is a way to edit comments… I have done that a number of times on sites including this one…

12. Dave Cowl on June 13th, 2008 5:57 pm

Though I don’t see a link for that with the new layout… oops! :D

13. Mehar Gill on June 13th, 2008 6:08 pm

Speaking of the new layout, the Recent Comments box leads to the wrong pages at times.

14. Dave Cowl on June 13th, 2008 6:19 pm

Tyler is aware and waiting for a fix…

15. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 6:46 pm

Yea, I told tyler myself the other day about that problem

16. Justin Sluss on June 13th, 2008 7:00 pm

Speaking of actual recently unveiled coverart… Just added this. Found it over at HiHD

This is a Sony title by the way but still just new coverart, figured I’d share it with you guys if any of you are fans of it… I’ve never seen it personally

17. Mehar Gill on June 14th, 2008 7:44 am

I never really got into that movie but it looks really interesting though, thats the one where the girl dies at the start near a gas station or something, right?