Transformers Coming to Blu-ray on September 2nd?

Posted by Merrick Gearing on May 26, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, Studios has been a rather reliable site over the years. Lets hope that they are accurate about this!

Rumor has it that the Transformers Blu-ray release is getting a brand new VC-1 **Blu-ray maxed bitrate** encode that supposedly keeps the film grain intact, as well as lossless audio.

[via Blu-rayStats]

1. DreamWorks Debuts Lossless Audio with Blades of Glory Blu-ray Disc Release
  2. DTS Master Audio – Titles to Test on Your Playstation 3
  3. Blu-ray Maintains Edge Despite ‘Transformers’
  4. Confirmed: Pixar Shorts Coming To Blu-ray
  5. Transformers HD DVD Sells 190k in First Week

13 Responses to “Transformers Coming to Blu-ray on September 2nd?”

1. Mehar Gill on May 26th, 2008 3:20 pm

VC-1 on Blu Ray? I thought Sony was against that?

2. Tyler Pruitt on May 26th, 2008 5:09 pm

27% of BDs are VC-1

check out Dave’s

3. Dave Cowl on May 26th, 2008 6:42 pm

The Rambo sequels this week are VC-1… so is Die Fledermaus…

4. Justin Sluss on May 26th, 2008 8:56 pm

Not “Rambo” (2008), it’s in AVC guys… and this most likely will be too, NOT VC-1.

5. Justin Sluss on May 27th, 2008 11:29 am

P.S. Paramount PR tells me this is strictly a RUMOR at this point. They cannot confirm this release date or that the title is planned for release… So believe what you want. Chances are it is true and is coming out, maybe not on September 2nd but sometime later this year.

6. merrick97 on May 27th, 2008 9:41 pm

Bill says an announcement will come any day now.

Im a little concerned that there have been NO broken Cloverfield or There Will Be Blood titles out in the wild yet.

Nor are there any reviews.

I hope these havent been delayed.

7. Dave Cowl on May 27th, 2008 11:18 pm

@ Justin – I was referring to Rambo 2 and 3, not ’4′ – which are VC-1 by all accounts. ’4′ is indeed AVC.

I also find it odd that Transformers would be VC-1 – I guess we shall see.

8. Justin Sluss on May 27th, 2008 11:54 pm

@ merrick – you referring to Bill Hunt?

P.S. “Cloverfield” and “There Will Be Blood” have not been delayed as I was told by my PR earlier today. He said we should be receiving those titles this week and our Reviews will be up within hours of receiving them.

- Justin of

9. merrick97 on May 28th, 2008 9:09 am

Transformers has been officially announced to be AVC!!!!

10. Dave Cowl on May 28th, 2008 9:53 am

I like the PCM and TrueHD part :D

11. merrick97 on May 28th, 2008 11:30 am

Me too!!

12. Dave Cowl on May 28th, 2008 11:54 am

I think that the AVC statement is an assumption – it only appears on one site’s report – and they have reported assumptions in the past.

I am back to ‘we shall see’ with respect to video codec :D

13. merrick97 on May 28th, 2008 12:47 pm

Either way its a win for bluray in that it will get a better encode than HD-DVD whether its the old Michael Bay supervised bluray encode or a new VC1 encode.