Blu-ray Exceeds 90 Percent of the HD Market Share
With the latest Nielsen VideoScan First Alert Data for the week ending April 20 we see that Blu-ray Disc has over 90% of the HD Media market share for the first time.
Blu-ray also gained a point against DVD selling 6 percent versus DVD at 94 percent when comparing the top 20 titles for each format.
With the 91:9 market share ratio against HD DVD, Blu-ray also gained a point in the Since Inception market share, reaching 68% of the overall sold share.
Aliens and Predators dominated the top 10 titles, with Aliens vs Predator – Requiem taking the top spot, the new catalog release Predator at number 4 and the twin pack of Alien vs. Predator/Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem at number 5. A good week for Fox, who also had Juno at number 2, selling almost 82% of AVPR’s numbers.
Image Entertainment also did well with Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead at number 8 and also notable is the continued appearance of Over America In High Definition holding the number 7 position.
The top 10 was rounded out by recent releases I Am Legend, No Country for Old Men, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and the hot selling catalog title 300.
Via Blu-ray Stats
- Blu-ray Market Share Week Ending May 11th
- Revenues Down a Little, Market Share Static for Blu-ray Disc Week Ending July 6th
- The Week Ending July 20th Sees Blu-ray Market Share Down a Little
- Huge Blu-ray Revenue Increases, Record Market Share for the Week Ending October 5th
- The Week Ending August 3rd Sees Market Share Up a Little More