Deal: New Best Buy HD DVD BOGOF

Posted by Tyler Pruitt on February 7, 2008
Filed Under: Deals, HD DVD, Retailers, Studios

200802071326.jpg

For all you HD DVD owners, Best Buy is having a "Buy One Get One Free" deal on selected Universal and Paramount/DreamWorks HD DVDs starting this Sunday (2/10/08). The titles include: The Bourne Ultimatum, Shooter, Transformers, Chuck & Larry, Hot Fuzz, Shrek The Third, Disturbia, Breach, King Kong, Casino, Inside Man, Fear & Loathing in LV, Van Helsing, and a favorite of ours, The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Comments

12 Responses to “Deal: New Best Buy HD DVD BOGOF”

1. Merrick97 on February 7th, 2008 2:14 pm

Didnt they have one just this last week?

2. Ryan on February 7th, 2008 4:41 pm

They’ve been having quite a few lately.

3. Merrick97 on February 7th, 2008 8:43 pm

Oh well, the sooner these things are gone from the shelf, the better.

4. Bigdmelt12 on February 7th, 2008 9:36 pm

oh well. keep paying 30+ for your movies, and once a competitor is gone, they wont have to run deals for bogo’s. You should be happy hd dvd is still around

5. Merrick97 on February 7th, 2008 10:05 pm

Bluray still has to compete with dvd. There will be promotions. Movies wont stay at $30 a pop.

6. webdev511 on February 7th, 2008 10:34 pm

If they keep this up, I’ll have all the HD DVDs I really want before there are any BR Profile 2.0 movies worth buying.

7. Jonsson on February 7th, 2008 10:56 pm

I couldn’t care less about if a BD disk is profile 2 or not. I buy a move for the sake of the movie, not for stupid extras that just gets in the way of watchng the move.

I agree with Merrick, the sooner the HD-DUH people at Universal and Paramount gets their acts together and the disks are gone from the shelves the better.

8. Bigdmelt12 on February 7th, 2008 11:03 pm

just as a side not. The HD-DUH just isnt that catchy and i guess yall are looking for hurtful?

9. C on February 8th, 2008 6:13 am

I agree with webdev511.

10. Kris on February 8th, 2008 8:12 am

@Merrick97
    Do you really think that Toshiba paid 2.7 Million for a superbowl ad if they are just trying to get rid of stock? I don’t think Universal and Paramount are ready to throw in the towl just yet.. in the meantime, we’ll enjoy American Gangster and you wont, although you could very easily and cheaply now for only about $120!

11. Jonsson on February 8th, 2008 10:36 am

Kris, I would suspect that Toshiba had already planned and paid for this ad before the events in January.

Given the fact that a) the add wasn’t even visible in some areas and b) from the reports that I’ve seen the ad itself was rather disappinting I would say that this add was not really engineered to counter the Warner decision.

If it really was, well then Toshiba made another poor decision.

12. Merrick97 on February 10th, 2008 5:47 pm

Kris,

I WILL be enjoying American Gangster.

I just wish I could tell you that will be enjoying Speed Racer, The Dark Knight and 10000 BC in HD