HD DVD Makes Announcements – New Blu-ray Market Share Record?
This article at Hollywood Reporter seems to have good news for both camps.
It starts with a list of new HD DVD title announcements including Into the Wild, Things We Lost in the Fire and Bee Movie from Paramount/DreamWorks, and later The Kite Runner and The Jack Ryan Collection.
Universal announced American Gangster.
The good news for Blu-ray enthusiasts is last week’s Videoscan First Alert data which reportedly states that all of the Top 10 HD Discs were Blu-ray titles and that Blu-ray held an 85% market share, which I believe sets a new high for market share in any given week for Blu-ray Disc.
The article notes that the top HD DVD seller, The Kingdom, sold just 10% as many copies as the top Blu-ray Disc release, 3:10 to Yuma.
- Blu-ray Exceeds 90 Percent of the HD Market Share
- Huge Blu-ray Revenue Increases, Record Market Share for the Week Ending October 5th
- Blu-ray Market Share Week Ending May 11th
- Revenues Down a Little, Market Share Static for Blu-ray Disc Week Ending July 6th
- The Week Ending July 20th Sees Blu-ray Market Share Down a Little