Posted by Dave Cowl on January 5, 2008
Filed Under: Blu-ray, Format War, HD DVD, Studios

bay.thumbnail.jpgQuickly becoming one of my favourite outspoken directors, Michael Bay has struck again with his strong pro-BD stance on his own forum. On the heels of the Warner announcement, Bay states that HD DVD will die a slow death, and reiterates his belief that Blu-ray is better. He also pokes fun at the rumoured HD DVD bribes stating that he could use a bribe himself to donate to his Make-a-Wish charity in return for his silence.

Perhaps saving the best for last, he states "Have faith people Transformers will come out in Blu-ray one day!", followed by a winking smiley.

I for one would be interested to see that. It will indeed be interesting to see how the HD DVD exclusive studios respond moving forward.

Via EngadgetHD

Comments

8 Responses to “Bay Strikes Again: Have faith people Transformers will come out in Blu-ray one day!”

1. Merrick97 on January 6th, 2008 1:36 am

Oh man oh man. I cant get enough of this.  Hopefully Transformers on blu is coming sooner rather than later.

2. The Guardian on January 6th, 2008 6:38 am

Hopefully they also re-encode it and give it lossless audio so we can see it as it’s meant to be seen!

3. Merrick97 on January 6th, 2008 9:00 pm

Amen Brother!! Amen!!

4. Russell Voeller on March 6th, 2008 7:53 pm

I Hope Too That Transformers will come to Blu-Ray!!!

5. Russell Voeller on March 6th, 2008 7:57 pm

Also I hope The Kingdom, Billy Madison, The Jason Bourne Series, Jet Li’s Fearless, Anchorman, Old School, Dawn of the Dead, The Fast and the Furious Franshie, Liar Liar, Happy Gilmore. ALL COME TO BLU-RAY in the Near Future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Russell Voeller on March 30th, 2008 8:17 pm

Hey Who ever read this I think that Transformers will make a lot more money if it is on Blu-ray. So To all the Bay fans out there, we all hope that Transformers will can to Blu-ray. Along with all the other titles I listed up were it says March 6, 2008. In my Opinion, ever think needs to come to Blu-ray. That you to all the Bay Fans out there.
    Micheal Bay RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Russell Voeller on March 30th, 2008 8:49 pm

Please if you want to E-mai me @ Cookingpc22@yahoo.com In the subject box please put format War.

Reply | Cookingpc22@yahoo.com In the subject box please put format War.’); return false;”>Quote
  8. Russell Voeller on April 20th, 2008 8:23 pm

I am so happy that everything is coming to Blu-ray. Micheal Bay Transformers will come to Blu-ray.