Paramount Dumping VC-1 in Favor of MPEG4 AVC?
It seems that Paramount is switching from Microsoft’s VC-1, to MPEG4 AVC on all its future HD DVD titles. On their new Blu-ray titles, they have already switched to AVC from MPEG2. The movies include: The Warriors, Norbit,
The Untouchables, and Black Snake Moan. We have a suspicion that Paramount is going to take a play out of Warner’s book by doing one encode for both formats. The problem with this scenario is that the Blu-ray titles would be limited to HD DVD’s 30Mb/s peak video bit rate (Blu-ray’s is 40Mb/s).
- Paramount’s CTO, Alan Bell Talks with PC World About Dumping Blu-ray
- Paramount Misfires with Bee Movie, Face/Off, and Blades of Glory
- Microsoft’s Kevin Collins Responds to Paramount Payoff Rumors
- Paramount Jumps Over The Hedge To HD DVD Exclusivity
- Paramount Re-Issued Blu-ray Movies Land at Wal-Mart